There’s no shortage of crafts you can make with toilet paper rolls, but this little guy is especially cute! Just in time for summer, let’s grab some googly eyes and make toilet paper tube crab craft!
Crafts you can do with toilet paper rolls are always an inexpensive choice. The supplies are probably are already in your craft stash. This crab craft is a silly toilet paper tube craft for preschool kids that is super cute to display on the table for a fun beach-themed dinner.
How to Make a Crab Craft
- Empty toilet paper tubes
- Red construction paper
- Red pipe cleaner
- Googly eyes
- Cut the red construction paper to fit around the toilet paper tube.
2. Glue the construction paper in place.
3. Cut two pipe cleaners in half. Set one piece aside, then lay the remaining three next to each other.
4. Twist them together in the center, then bend each pipe cleaner at the end to create feet.
5. Glue the feet to the bottom of the toilet paper cardboard tube.
6. Cut the remaining piece of pipe cleaner in half again.
7. Cut out two circles from the red construction paper, then cut a wedge out of each circle.
8. Glue the circles to the end of the pipe cleaner, then glue each pipe cleaner to the sides of the toilet paper tube to create claws.
9. Carefully stick the toothpicks into the top of the toilet paper roll. Glue a googly eye to the end of each toothpick.
Crab Art Craft for Kids
I hope you enjoyed this paper roll craft for preschool kids. The silly googly eyes are always a hit and DIY paper tube crafts help children feel like they accomplished something while following step-by-step instructions.
Check out more of my creative crafts for even more fun that kids will love!