While most people visit Disney World for the rides and shows, devoted fans know that the snacks are just as amazing. Make this Mickey Disney Churro that Disney Parks made famous in your own kitchen to bring a touch of magic to your day!
Visit the parks and there’s no shortage of treats like Disney beignets, Disney Dole Whip floats, and Mickey head rice crispies treats, but nothing satisfies a loyal Disney fan like these Disney famous churros! Though there are many different churro recipes, we’ve found this one to be the easiest to make at home.
Disclosure: The Everyday Mouse is an Amazon Affiliate and some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you use them to make a purchase, I make a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the Everyday Mouse blog!
Easy Disney Churros
This easy churro recipe can be adapted to make different styles of churros with the same churros recipe. We chose Mickey Mouse Churros because everything tastes better when it’s shaped like our favorite Disney character.
If you’ve ever wondered how do you make churros at home, we’ve got your answers here!
Where to Find Churros at Disney World
- Frontierland Churro Cart in the Magic Kingdom– Classic churro, available with chocolate dipping sauce
- Castle Hub Cart in the Magic Kingdom- Cinnamon churros available with chocolate dipping sauce
- La Cantina de San Angel in Epcot– Churros served with caramel sauce
- Sunshine Churro Stand at Disney Springs Market Place– Gourmet Churros with flavors like watermelon, salted caramel, strawberry cheesecake, oreo, with Nutella, chocolate, and rose gold options.
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe in the Magic Kingdom– Mini churros served a chocolate sauce
- Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner in Hollywood Studios– Cinnamon Churro Milkshake (served seasonally)
- Paradiso 37, Taste of the Americas at Disney Springs– Churro rings dessert with chocolate and caramel dipping sauce, serves 4
How to Make Homemade Churros
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 30 Minutes
Serves: 6-8 Churros
1 TBSP ground cinnamon
1/2 C sugar plus 1 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp kosher salt
1 C flour
3 large eggs
Canola oil for frying
1 large piping bag with a large star tip
1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
6 Mickey heads traced onto parchment paper
How to Make Churros
In a medium bowl, whisk together the cinnamon and 1/2 C of sugar and set aside.
Using a medium pot over medium to high heat, bring the butter, salt, 1tbsp sugar, and ½ C of water to a simmer. Using a rubber spatula, whisk in the flour until it’s combined into a ball of dough.
Remove the dough and place it into a stand mixer bowl. Allow the churro dough to cool for 10 minutes. Once cooled, use a paddle attachment to beat in 1 egg at a time until combined.
Scoop the dough into the piping bag with a star tip on it. Using the cookie sheet with the traced Mickey heads, pipe the detail of the Mickeys head to make your churros dessert. Place cookie sheet into the freezer for 30 minutes.
About 10 minutes before removing the tray from the freezer, heat up canola oil in a large deep skillet or pot or a deep fryer if you have one.
Remove tray from the freezer and slowly remove one of the mickey shaped churros. Carefully drop the churro into the hot oil. Once it starts to brown on the bottom carefully flip it using a fork.
Once the entire churro has browned, remove from oil and place onto a paper towel. Dab oil off the churro and place it into the cinnamon and sugar mixture and toss to coat the churro.
Repeat steps with remaining churros.
How to Make Churro Bites
To make churro bites, use the same recipe for the dough. Pipe a short line instead of the Mickey head shapes. Remember that the cooking time is shorter for the bite-sized churros, so keep a close eye on them. Serve with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce for dipping.
Printable Mickey Mouse Churro Recipe
Mickey Disney Churros
Make this easy Mickey Disney Churro made famous by Disney Parks in your own kitchen for a sweet touch of magic to your day!
- 1 tbsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Sugar plus 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 large Eggs
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 large Piping bag with star tip
- 1 Cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- 6 Mickey heads traced onto parchment paper
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cinnamon and 1/2 C of sugar, set aside.
- 2. Using a medium pot over medium to high heat, bring the butter, salt, 1 tbsp sugar, and ½ C of water to a simmer.
- 3. Using a rubber spatula, whisk in the flour until its combined and a ball of dough.
- 4. Remove the dough and place into a standing mixer.
- 5. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 6. Once cooled, using a paddle attachment, beat in 1 egg at a time until combined.
- 7. Scoop the dough into the piping bag.
- 8. Using the cookie sheet with the traced mickey heads, pipe the detail of mickeys head.
- 9. Place cookie sheet into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- 1. About 10 minutes before removing tray from freezer, heat up canola oil in a large deep skillet or pot or deep fryer if you have one.
- 2. Remove tray from freezer and carefully remove 1 of the mickey shaped churros.
- 3. Drop the churro into the hot oil.
- 4. Once it starts to brown on the bottom carefully flip it using a fork.
- 5. Once the entire churro has browned, remove from oil and place onto a paper towel.
- 6. Dab oil off the churro and place into the cinnamon sugar mixture and toss to coat the churro.
- 7. Repeat steps with remaining churros.