It seems like there are a million and one streaming services these days, doesn’t it? My latest boredom buster is bingeing on Disney Plus content. It has something to offer for the entire family.
If you’re like me, you probably subscribe to way too many things and might even be wondering which service to cancel. Before you pull the plug on Disney Plus, check out this fun list of shows you can watch during your family time tonight.
Disney+ at home
Since most of us are spending a lot more time at home these days, it seems like a great time to take advantage of everything Disney+ has to offer. Cozying up at your house can be full of fun-filled family together time. I’ve rounded up these 10 ways Disney+ can help you beat the boredom!
Not only are these Disney Plus shows fun, but they’re also stress-busters too. There’s just something about Disney that is like an instant dose of happiness.
Unless you need a good cry movie, then do that. And let it out, sister. Disney is like a great best friend that is cool is you need to laugh or cry. So, do you!
Disney Plus Content & Ideas
1. Watch all the Marvel movies in order. If you’re a Marvel Cinematic Universe fan you’ve probably already seen all the MCU flicks already, but have you watched them from start to finish in order? If you’re up for the challenge, pop some popcorn and settle in!
2. Have a Disney princess movie marathon. There are 12 official Disney princesses, so that should keep the princess in your home busy for quite a while. Add a costume change for the different movies and some color sheets for a full day.
3. Binge The Mandalorian. Star Wars fans who anxiously awaited this one, might be ready to rewatch the series! If you haven’t checked it out yet, you can also learn to draw baby Yoda or take one of Outschool’s Yoda classes for free with my link.
4. Create a scavenger hunt for your family’s favorite Disney movie. Create a checklist of things to watch for throughout the show or movie. Kids will love watching the show again (for the 502nd time, perhaps?) as they watch for the items on their list. For an extra bit of fun, use a treat like M&Ms or gummies to mark the boxes of the found items. When the movie is over- it’s snack time!
5. Watch an original Disney animated film, then watch their live-action counterpart and compare. Ex: Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Aladdin, etc.
6. Pretend that it’s Christmas. Sure, it may be spring, but if you’re anything like me Christmas content always makes you smile and Disney+ has plenty of your holiday favorites all year long. I promise!
7. Pick a documentary, like Earth Live, for some at-home education. Kids and parents alike will learn something new!
8. Revisit films from your childhood or even your parents’ childhood. I had forgotten how much I used to love movies like The Sandlot and The Parent Trap!
9. Let Captain Jack Sparrow take you to the high seas with a Pirates of the Caribbean fest! Watching this series from beginning to end is always a rip roarin’ good time!
10. Watch the Star Wars movies from beginning to end. Or you could take them on in chunks. I’m talking about the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy, the sequel trilogy and finally the standalone films!
Bonus boredom buster: Make themed snacks & crafts to go with each Disney+ sesh. Try a few of these favorites:
Now that you’ve seen these 10 ways Disney+ can help you beat the boredom, you just might enjoy your inside time more!