Do you have a Mickey Mouse fan at home? Entertain little ones with this easy to make edible Disney playdough. Shaped like everyone’s favorite mouse, this sweet and sour lemon playdough is perfect for a fun afternoon activity.
The fresh lemon scent is amazing all year round and because it’s totally safe to eat, there’s no need to worry about your little one putting it in their mouth.
Not only is it fun to play with, but preschoolers and older kids will enjoy helping put the edible playdough recipe together, then cutting out their favorite Disney characters with cookie cutters.
This is a great activity to pull out to keep your kids occupied for a while while Mom is making dinner, or for an extra fun Disney movie night.
The Everyday Mouse is an amazon partner. That Means if you use a Link in this post to make a purchase, we may get a small incentive at no additional cost to you.
Disney Cookie Cutters
If you don’t already own Disney cookie cutters, you’ll want to get a set of Disney cookie cutters for play time.
We like these Mickey and Minnie Mouse cookie cutters because it has lots of fun, recognizable shapes. The cookie cutters are also lined with plastic covers that make them safe for kids to use.
If your child is working on letter recognition these Mickey font cookie cutters are a fun way to learn while they play.
Pixar fans will love these Toy Story cookie cutters with favorite characters like Lotso, Woody, Buzz, Hamm, Rex, and oooooh a little green alien.
No matter which set of Disney cookie cutters you choose, your kids are sure to have a blast with this activity.
How to Make Edible Playdough
So let’s get started! The recipe only needs a few common items that are easy to find in any grocery store.
- One tub of store bought icing, lemon-flavored
- One cup of cornstarch
- Sprinkles of your choice- try these adorable Mickey sprinkles!
- Cookie cutters
- First, scoop the entire tub of lemon frosting into a large mixing bowl.
- Add ½ cup of cornstarch to the frosting and mix with a spatula, spoon, or hand mixer.
- Continue adding the remaining cornstarch to the frosting one spoonful at a time and mix well.
- Knead the dough by hand until it is pliable, well mixed, and no longer sticky.
- Make small bowls of the dough and flatten them down.
- Give the kids a bowl of play dough and some cookie cutters. After they cut out their shapes let them decorate with sprinkles.
Note: If the playdough gets dry or crumbly, soften with a little cooking oil. If it gets too sticky, add a little more cornstarch to it.
Although this dough is safe to eat it is NOT meant to be consumed in large quantities, so you’ll want to keep an eye on your kiddos while they play with it. Tummy aches are no fun at all.
This lemon-scented playdough is a great way to keep your kids entertained and busy. It’s also a fun activity to do together as a family. So have fun and enjoy some quality time with your little ones!
If you are looking for more activities like this one, check out all of our fun Disney family activities and plan some magic at home!