This Disney World Tokyo Sunset Drink is so good on a hot Orlando day! With refreshing flavors like coconut rum, peach schnapps, banana liqueur, and pineapple juice you just can’t beat it in or out of the parks! The colorful drink actually mimics a sunset and is so light it’s perfect for day or night.
Epcot Tokyo Sunset Cocktail
When you’re touring the World Showcase in Disney’s Epcot, it’s hard to know which drinks are worth the money and which cocktails will be a waste of money. No worries, I have kindly taste tested many of the beverages in question and I’m here to help you get the most bang for your buck.
This cocktail is found at Tokyo Dining in Japan’s pavilion in Epcot. It’s a great Disney alcoholic drink to enjoy when you’re in Disney World. If you haven’t already, make sure you visit the Japan Pavilion in Epcot when you’re drinking around the World Showcase.
Between this tropical punch style drink and their Violet Sake cocktail, it’s a great place to get the best drinks in Epcot. Both are delicious and drinks that will transport you back to your happy place when you mix them up in your own kitchen.
Thanks to this copycat Disney recipe, you can enjoy a refreshing Tokyo Sunset drink at home or anytime you need a quick Disney pick me up!
As an Amazon partner some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. That means if you use a link to make a purchase, we may make a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Tropical Rum Cocktail Options
Everyone loves a good tropical rum cocktail, especially when it’s warm outside. The sunset cocktail has some of the delicious flavors like coconut rum and pineapple juice. This drink makes you feel like you’re sitting on the beach enjoying the sun and sand.
Serve this delicious cocktail in a chilled glass with a slice of orange or lemon.
Some delicious options to serve with this Sunset cocktail include sushi or chicken teriyaki skewers with edamame. They make a delicious pair!
Tips for Make a Tokyo Sunset Drink
- To make a non-alcoholic version of this cocktail, simply use the pineapple juice, coconut water, and as much grenadine as you’d like.
- If you want a little more fizz in your drink, top off your glass with some club soda or sparkling water.
- For a fun presentation, serve this cocktail in a clear glass with a slice of citrus fruit. You can also garnish with a pretty umbrella or tropical stirrer.
- If you don’t have pineapple juice, you can use cranberry juice or apple juice as a substitute.
- This recipe makes one drink but can easily be multiplied to make a pitcher for a party. Just remember to serve over ice and garnish each glass individually.
Epcot’s Tokyo Sunset Cocktail Variations
There are so many ways you can change up the Tokyo Sunset cocktail recipe to suit your taste. Here are some ideas to make this drink your own!
- Use a different type of rum, such as dark rum or spiced rum. If you don’t like rum, you could use vodka instead.
- For a fun twist, try using mango juice or orange juice in place of the pineapple juice.
- Add some fresh fruit to your drink like raspberries, blueberries, or strawberries
- .Try using different liqueurs such as melon liqueur or strawberry liqueur.
- Instead of a splash of grenadine, try something else like cranberry juice or pomegranate juice.
- You can always garnish with a different fruit, a lime or lemon will do nicely.
The sky is the limit when it comes to making this delicious Epcot Tokyo Sunset Cocktail recipe your own! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Not ready to make this cocktail recipe? Pin it to your Disney drinks Pinterest board so it’s easy to find when you’re ready to make it!
How to Make a Tokyo Sunset Drink
If you’d like to recreate your favorite Epcot cocktails, then this one’s for you! It’s such a simple drink to follow, you’ll wonder why your version isn’t listed in the Epcot World showcase
If you want to make this cocktail, you’ll need:
- Coconut rum
- Peach schnapps
- Banana liqueur
- Pineapple juice
- Splash of grenadine
To start making this drink, combine coconut rum, peach schnapps, banana liqueur, and pineapple juice in a shaker with ice. Shake everything well and pour it into a glass. Drizzle a bit of grenadine into the drink to suit your taste. Then garnish and enjoy!
You really can’t beat the Disney alcoholic drinks at Epcot! Just remember, if your goal is to taste a bit of each drink, pace yourself and hydrate. That Florida sun is no joke.
If you’re making the Tokyo Sunset Cocktail recipe at home make sure you make a pitcher to share with your friends. They will love every last sip, promise!
- 1 oz. Coconut rum
- 1 oz. Peach schnapps
- 1 oz. Banana liqueur
- 3 oz. Pineapple juice
- Splash of grenadine
- Combine coconut rum, peach schnapps, banana liqueur, and pineapple juice in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well and pour into a glass.
- Drizzle a bit of grenadine into the drink.
- Garnish and enjoy