The Epcot Violet Sake Cocktail is a refreshing and smooth drink that combines the flavors of plum sake wine, desert pear syrup, and coconut water. The result is a slightly sweet and fragrant cocktail that is perfect for sipping (or gulping if that’s your thing) on a warm day. In other words, it’s a favorite around here!
Where to Get Violet Sake in Epcot
Named for it’s purple color, this drink is found at Disney World’s Garden House in Epcot’s Japan pavilion! There are so many drinks in Epcot, but trust me, you’re going to want to add this your must do list the next time you visit Orlando, Florida.
Epcot’s Japan Pavilion
Japan is one of our favorite countries to visit when we’re going around the World Showcase, the Japan pavilion store is amazing, the Japan restaurants are stellar, and we always take Japanese snacks back to our hotel room to enjoy later.
Now that we know where to get Violet Sake in Epcot, you can bet that stopping for a Disney bevy at Epcot’s Japan is going to the top of the list of places to visit each vacation.
While the Japan’s Garden House is the perfect stop in the World Showcase, I’m going to show you how to make this coconut water cocktail right at home!
As an Amazon partner some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. That means if you use a link to make a purchase, we may make a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Tips for this Epcot Violet Sake Recipe
- When choosing plum sake for the , look for a brand that is high quality and has a good reputation.
- Also, keep in mind that sake is best served chilled, so make sure you put the Plum Sake in the fridge to chill before making this drink.
- Desert pear syrup can be found at most grocery stores or online. If you can’t find it, you can substitute another type of pear syrup. Just make sure to adjust the sweetness level to taste.
- This Monin Desert Pear syrup is a good choice and makes shopping easy. It’ll be delivered, straight to your front door.
- I like to use coconut water that has more of a natural sweetness to it, so the cocktail is a little sweeter overall. But you can use any coconut water you enjoy.
- This cocktail using plum sake wine, deserves to be enjoyed in your favorite Disney alcoholic drinks glass. If you don’t have a Disney-themed cup you like to use, a clear glass shows off the gorgeous violet color perfectly.
Variation Options for the Violet Sake Drink
- If you don’t have coconut water on hand, you can substitute it for club soda or sparkling water.
- Not a fan of sake? You can use any type of white wine in this recipe instead.
- For a non-alcoholic version of this drink, simply leave out the sake and add an extra ounce or two of coconut water.
- If you’re looking for a little more sweetness in your drink, you can add a splash of simple syrup or agave nectar.
- If you’re craving a little tartness, try adding a dash of lime juice to your cocktail.
- Add fresh berries to this drink for a little extra flavor and color. Blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries all work well.
Not ready to make this cocktail recipe? Pin it to your Disney drinks Pinterest board so it’s easy to find when you’re ready to make it!
How to Make Epcot Violet Sake
Like most of our cocktails and shots, this fruity drink is easy to make for a crowd. With jut a few simple ingredients, you’ll be enjoying your Disney cocktail recipe in no time!
To make this cocktail you’ll need:
- Plum sake
- Desert pear syrup
- Coconut water
- A cocktail shaker
To get started, fill a large bar shaker with 5-6 pieces of ice. Next add in the delicious Plum Sake and pear syrup, then shake to combine the flavors.
Next, add the water and coconut water and shake to combine. Fill your glass with ice and pour the cocktail in the glass. Add your garnish and enjoy!
The next time you’re drinking around the World and want a yummy sake drink, along with a great view, visit Japan’s Garden House for this easy to make Epcot drink.
In the meantime, you can make the Epcot Violet Sake recipe in your own kitchen whenever you want!
Enjoy more of our Disney cocktail recipes and make sure you share your favorites on socials.
- 2 ounces Plum Sake
- 2 ounces Desert Pear Syrup
- 1 ounce Water
- 2 ounces Coconut Water
- Fill a large bar shaker with 5-6 pieces ice, Plum Sake, and Pear syrup.
- Shake to combine.
- Add the water and coconut water, then shake to combine.
- Filly our glass with ice.
- Pour your cocktail into the glass and garnish.