Christmas just wouldn’t be the same without baking sweet treats and delicious smells coming from the kitchen. There are so many great recipes for Christmas that we love to try every year, but the one everyone looks forward to most is hot chocolate dip.
The dipping part of this recipe is really just an excuse to have all those Christmas treats ready on hand for people to enjoy. Whip up a batch of this no bake chocolate dip and then let your friends and family choose their favorite treats to pair with it.
This recipe is really flexible, you can use whatever types of candy or cookies your family prefers in their hot cocoa. When I make this for my family, I’ll pick up some inexpensive holiday butter cookies to balance the chocolate and candy canes to add a peppermint twist to the mix. Sometimes I’ll even throw in some instant coffee for a mocha flavor to give it a different flavor when I’m taking the dip for a girl’s night.
How to Make Hot Chocolate Dip
- 1/2 cup of whipped topping- I like to use Cool Whip (thawed) for my hot chocolate dip recipe. It adds a smooth flavor and nice texture.
- 1/3 cup of hot chocolate powder- any dry cocoa mix will work
- 1/2 cup of marshmallow fluff
- Chocolate graham crackers- If you want a different flavor for dipping you can substitute dipping cookies, candy canes, graham cracker sticks, or any other treat your family enjoys for these.
- Christmas sprinkles- Use red and green jimmies or even mini candy snowflakes for a holiday garnish. Try crushed candies sprinkled on top for a fun twist!
- Mini marshmallows- Is it really cocoa without tiny marshmallows?
- Put the Cool Whip whipped topping, marshmallow fluff, and hot chocolate mix in a bowl and whisk together until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Place the batter dip in a decorative Christmas bowl or holiday coffee mug and garnish with mini marshmallows and Christmas sprinkles.
- Serve with chocolate graham crackers for dipping.
Could a dessert be any easier than that to put together? Your holiday guests are sure to love this festive treat. Hot Chocolate Dip may end up on your Christmas menu for years to come. You might even have to leave some out for Santa!
How to Store Hot Cocoa Dip
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container and refrigerate it. This treat is best when enjoyed within a day, but you can keep the leftovers for up to three days.
Can I Freeze Hot Chocolate Dip?
This recipe is not recommended for the freezer. The whipped topping will begin to separate if it is frozen and thawed.
Hot Chocolate Dip Ideas
Because this hot chocolate dip recipe is so quick and easy to make, it’s perfect for a fun after school snack, family movie night, or for the class holiday party. There are so many ways to serve it, it’s a go to for not only Christmas, but throughout winter.
To serve it for a group, consider filling sugar cones with this cocoa mix with sprinkles and mini marshmallows for a rocky road “ice cream” treat.
For movie night, serve it in disposable holiday cups or coffee mugs if you have them. No one will be able to resist a chocolate treat while they watch their favorite Christmas movie!
Or, take it into work with you and share the homemade hot cocoa mix with your coworkers. You’ll all get a little taste of holiday cheer!
Because this hot chocolate dip recipe is so versatile, you can even take it along to the next family holiday party as a dessert charcuterie board! Let each person scoop their favorite candy or cookies into the mix to enjoy.
What to Serve with Hot Chocolate Dip
Some people can’t get enough chocolate and love to dip chocolate graham crackers, Oreo Sandwich cookies, or even Thin Mints but what if you’re not a chocoholic?
Here are a few ideas you might enjoy instead:
- Cinnamon graham crackers
- Mini pretzels
- Christmas shaped sugar cookies
- Cubes of pound cake
- Graham cracker sticks
- Tea cookies
- Mini vanilla wafers
You can even use a platter of fresh fruit with this chocolate dip recipe to give your family a healthier option.
Your friends and family will all enjoy their own personalized serving of Hot Chocolate Dip. It’s the perfect party food for any holiday soiree
If you are looking for a way to enjoy the Christmas flavors without all of the work, this is definitely it! This is also a fun surprise for kids since you can let them pick their own treats to go with the hot cocoa dip.
I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as mine does. Merry Christmas!
If you would like more recipes like this one, then be sure to visit frequently. You can also join my Everyday Disney group here for even more recipes, crafts, and amazing Disney content.
Christmas Hot Chocolate Dip
- ½ Cup Cool Whip Topping Thawed
- ½ Cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 1/3 Cup Hot Chocolate Mix
- Mini Marshmallows for Garnish
- Christmas Sprinkles for Garnish
- Chocolate Graham Crackers For Dipping
- Place whipped topping, marshmallow fluff and hot chocolate mix in a mixing bowl. Beat until combined.
- Place in a decorative bowl or large Christmas coffee mug, garnish with mini marshmallows and Christmas sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!