Fun, themed snacks and crafts are so my jam. And with how much we love our furry family members in our home, it only makes sense that this puppy chow recipe is a big hit around here. My kids love the peanut butter and chocolate combo and I love that they can help make it!
As an added bonus, this yummy treat can be doubled and stored. It makes an easy snack for family gatherings, birthday parties, and playdates. Get the kids involved with shaking the bags to help get the wiggles out. Cue the giggles!
Puppy Chow Snack Mix
Whether you're planning a puppy party or hosting the neighborhood gang for a movie, this sweet treat is sure to get rave reviews!
- 9 cups Crispy rice cereal squares
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Confectioners' sugar
- Over low heat, melt the chocolate in a saucepan
- Add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add cereal, and stir until coated.
- Let the mixture slightly cool.
- Pour powdered sugar into a large plastic bag, add coated cereal, and shake until well coated.
This recipe can be easily doubled and stored in an airtight container.
Be prepared with a double batch (at least) when you make this peanut butter and chocolate treat. It goes fast and is a hit with crowds of all ages. It’s a great snack to make on Sunday afternoon and have on hand for afterschool. Enjoy!