What can I say except you’re welcome? Moana fans dive into this delicious Maui Banana Bread. Sure to impress, this Hawaiian banana bread recipe is full of island flavors. It’s a great treat for any time of day!
With chocolate chips and shredded coconut, there’s a whole ocean of rich flavors. Always the Demigod, it’s no surprise that Maui’s version is the best banana bread recipe in the world.
Serve it as a snack, dessert, or breakfast to your favorite islanders!
Disclaimer: The Everyday Mouse is an Amazon Affiliate. If you use the links in this post and recipe to make a purchase, we make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
How to Make Maui Bread:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep mini loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
Mix whole milk with the melted butter in a large bowl.
Mash the bananas, making sure to leave some small chunks to add to the texture. Add the egg and mashed bananas.
Mix the flour, baking soda, sugar, and baking powder in the second mixing bowl.
Slowly add in the banana mixture. Stirring until just moistened.
Mix in the chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
Pour the batter evenly into the mini loaf pans. Then top with more chocolate chips and coconut.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
Allow the banana bread to cool slightly in the loaf pan.
Carefully run a butter knife around the edge, and tap the pan on the counter a few times to help the Maui banana bread release.
Remove the loaf from the pan.
Put the slightly cooled loaf on the wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Once cooled slice, serve, and enjoy!
Plan a full day of Moana fun for your Disney fans with this toilet paper roll crab craft (make it shiny!) and Moana coloring pages & activity sheets.
Printable Maui Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 whole Egg
- 3 ripe Bananas (mashed)
- 3 tbsp Whole milk
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 cups Chocolate chips
- 2 cups Shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Mini loaf pan
- 2-Large bowls
- Small bowl
- Cooling rack
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prep mini loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
3. Mix Milk with the melted butter in a large bowl.
4. Add the egg and bananas. (Make sure to leave some small banana chunks).
5. Mix the flour, baking soda, sugar, and baking powder in the other large bowl.
6. Slowly add in the banana mixture. Stir until just moistened.
7. Mix the 1 ½ C chocolate chips.
8. Mix in 1 C of the shredded coconut.
9. Pour the batter evenly into the mini loaf pans.
10. Top with more chocolate chips and coconut.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
12. Allow to cool slightly in the loaf pan.
13. Remove the loaf from the pan.
14. Put the slightly cooled loaf on the wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
The Everyday Mouse is all about food and provides a free resource for information about food, recipes, etc. That being said, I am not a nutritionist and any and all nutritional information shall be utilized by any and all visitors to this site with explicit understanding and acknowledgment that each visitor is responsible for their own nutritional needs, requirements, allergies, etc. and each visitor is responsible for their own nutritional needs and choices.