Hey Mickey fans! Today I’m introducing a fun new item you’ll want to add to your weekly dinner menu—Mickey Pretzel Pizza! This delicious pizza is made with fresh ingredients, so you can enjoy it with your favorite sauce. It’s the perfect snack for any Disney fan, and these Mickey pretzel pizzas are sure to become a fast favorite for your whole family.
Pizza at Disney World
If you’ve ever enjoyed a slice at one of Walt Disney World’s pizza places, then you know how magical Disney pizza can be. But there’s nothing quite like homemade Mickey Pretzel Pizza.
With its crispy crust and cheesy goodness, this is one recipe you’ll want to make again and again. When you can’t get to Pizza Planet, this delicious pretzel twist will hit the spot. So, let’s get started!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re a fan of both pizza and pretzels, then this Mickey Mouse pizza is for you!
- The salty pretzel crust is the perfect base for the sweet pizza toppings. Mickey’s pretzel pizza crust is so delicious!
- It’s a fun and festive way to enjoy pizza, perfect for a Disney-themed party!
- It’s quick and easy to make, so you can enjoy your Mickey pizza in no time at all.
It’s time to get creative in the kitchen and give this savory, salty Disney version of Mickey pizza a try!
How to Make Mickey Mouse Pizza
Now that we’ve talked about why this pizza recipe is great, let’s talk about what ingredients you need for the perfect Mickey pretzel pizza.
- Lukewarm water
- Light brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- Fast acting dry yeast
- Unsalted butter, melted
- Coarse sea salt
- Baking soda
- Large egg
- Jar of pizza sauce
- Italian shredded cheese
- Mini pepperonis
In a large bowl, add warm water, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix the yeast in until it is completely dissolved. Allow the mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes or until foamy.
Add the flour, salt, and melted butter into the bowl and mix with your hands until the dough forms.
Knead the pretzel dough with your hands for 8-10 minutes or until the texture of the dough is smooth.
Grease a large bowl butter or a non-stick spray, then add the pretzel dough in the bowl.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.Allow the dough to rise by placing the covered bowl in a warm place for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. The dough is ready when it has doubled in size.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Before you begin, line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the pretzel dough on a level surface, like a countertop. Cut the dough into eight even pieces. Roll out each piece of dough into a 24-inch rope.
Form one large pretzel circle by twisting and rolling the pretzel rope into a large circle. Next, divide one of the 24 inch ropes into two pieces and form separate smaller circles by twisting the pretzel rope into Mickey’s ears.
Pinch the ears to the head pretzel to make them stay put. Stick through each toothpick in each ear to hold it in place.
Transfer the formed Mickey pretzel to a prepared baking sheet.
Boil water and baking soda in a large pot over high heat.
Gently boil the pretzels for 10 seconds on each side.
Prepping your pretzels:
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the large egg yolk and water.
Use a spatula to move the boiled pretzels from the pot to the baking sheet.
Gently brush the top of each pretzel with the egg wash mixture. Then sprinkle the top of each pretzel with the coarse sea salt.
Baking Mickey pretzels:
Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes. The pretzels should be a dark golden brown.
Remove the baked pretzels from the oven, then spoon one tablespoon of pizza sauce onto the pretzel circles.
Sprinkle the shredded pizza cheese on each pizza and add 8-10 mini pepperonis on each of the pizzas.
Return the pretzels to the oven until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven & serve.
Disney Pizza FAQs
Can I add my own toppings to the Mickey Pretzel Pizza?
Absolutely! Feel free to customize your pizza with your favorite toppings.
Can I use store-bought pretzel dough for this recipe?
Yes, you can definitely use store-bought pretzel dough instead of making your own. Just make sure to follow the package instructions for baking the dough.
Should I make mini Mickey Pretzel Pizzas as appetizers?
Yes, this recipe can easily be made into smaller individual pizzas for a fun appetizer option. Just use smaller pretzel dough and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
What kind of dip should I use?
Since this is a pizza variation of a pretzel, you can use whatever mickey pretzel pizza dip you’d like.
Variation Options for Mickey Pretzel Pizza
Mickey-shaped pretzel pizzas are a classic snack that everyone will love! Here are few variations on this tasty treat:
- Extra Cheese: The simplest option is to top your pizza with cheese and bake it until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Add some pepperoni or another type of meat to make it a heartier meal.
- Supreme: For a true pizza experience, top your pizza with sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings. Just be sure not to overload it, or you’ll have a messy mess on your hands.
- Buffalo Chicken: This twist on the classic buffalo chicken dip makes a delicious pizza topping. Simply top your pretzel pizza with shredded chicken mixed with hot sauce and cheese.
- Barbecue Chicken: Another fun chicken option is to top your pretzel pizza with pulled barbecue chicken and cheese. Add some chopped onions and peppers for extra flavor.
- Veggie: Keep it healthy with a vegetable-loaded pizza. Top your pretzel pizza with tomato sauce, cheese, and your favorite veggies. Mushrooms, onions, peppers, and olives are all great options.
When can I serve Mickey Pretzel Pizzas?
Mickey Pretzel Pizzas are great for any occasion, from game days to Disney-themed parties. Serve them as an appetizer or as a main dish, they’re sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike.
Enjoy them hot and fresh out of the oven or pack them up for a tasty lunch on the go. With the pretzel crust and endless topping options, there’s something for everyone to love. Give this recipe a try and bring some Disney magic to your next meal.
Mickey pretzel pizza creations may turn out different every time, but that’s the fun of it. What’s your favorite part of making a Mickey pizza at home?
Pair these easy pizzas with Mickey cosmic brownies for a Mickey-shaped meal!
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons fast acting dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted
- Coarse sea salt
Baking soda water bath
- 10 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup baking soda
- 1 large Egg, egg yolk only
- 1 teaspoon Water
- 1 small Jar of pizza sauce
- 1 small package Pizza cheese, shredded
- 1 package Mini pepperonis
- Add warm water, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Whisk to dissolve the yeast.
- Set aside for 5-10 minutes or until foamy.
- Add the flour, salt, and melted butter. Using your hands, mix until the dough forms.
- Knead the pretzel dough with your hands for 8-10 minutes or until the dough is smooth.
- Grease a large bowl.
- Add the pretzel dough in the greased bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Put the covered bowl in a warm place for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the pretzel dough on a counter.
- Divide the dough into equal pieces.
- Roll out each of 8 pieces of dough into 24-inch ropes.
- Form one large pretzel circle by twisting the pretzel rope into a large circle.
- You may want to divide one of the 24 inch ropes into two pieces.
- Form two separate smaller circles by twisting the pretzel rope into Mickey’s ears.
- Pinch the ears to the head pretzel. Stick a toothpick in each ear to hold it in place.
- Transfer the formed Mickey pretzel to a prepared baking sheet.
Baking soda bath
- Add water and baking soda in a large pot over high heat bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Carefully and gently place the pretzels into boiling water for 10 seconds on each side of the pretzel.
Prepping the pretzels
- Whisk the large egg yolk and water in a medium bowl.
- Transfer the boiled pretzels to the baking sheet.
- Brush the top side of each pretzel with the egg wash mixture.
- Sprinkle the top of each pretzel with coarse sea salt.
Baking the pretzels:
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- The pretzels will be a dark golden brown.
- Spoon one tablespoon of pizza sauce on the circles of Mickey's head.
- Sprinkle the shredded pizza cheese on each pizza.
- Add 8-10 mini pepperonis on each of the pizzas.
- Return them to the oven until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven just prior to serving.