Do you have a Minnie Mouse in your house? These absolutely adorable Minnie Cupcakes are sure to be a hit for any Disney lover!
This Minnie Cupcakes recipe makes 24 cute and delicious cupcakes which is plenty to bring to any get-together or for a Mickey and Minnie birthday party dessert. You can also half the recipe to make when you need a fun, sweet treat at home for the kids.
Disclaimer: The Everyday Mouse is an Amazon Affiliate. If you use the links in this post to make a purchase, we make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Kid-friendly and quick to make, these easy treats are boxed cake mix cupcakes. We also used Oreos for the ears and a can of frosting to keep the baking process simple so you can focus on the fun part- decorating!
Easy Minnie Mouse Cupcake Ideas
The sky is the limit when it comes to customizing your homemade Minnie Mouse cupcakes. Not a fan of pink? Use red fondant or another color that matches your mouse party decor. No matter what color you use, these adorable bows are too cute!
Change out the cupcake liners and add a few drops of Wilton gel color to your frosting to change the look of the icing as well. The sky’s the limit with these sweet Minnie Mouse themed cupcakes.
Want a Fourth of July spin on your Minnie or Mickey Mouse treats? Use these blue candy wafers to make the ears, and make red bows, with a star in the center. They’ll be a hit at any 4th of July party!
How Kids Can Help with Minnie Cupcakes
These easy Minnie Mouse cupcakes are so cute and fun that your kids will not be able to resist helping out! The kids will love putting the Oreos on the top of the cupcake.
The fondant is really easy to mold just like playdough, making it easy for the kiddos to smoosh into the pink bow mold. It’s a fun family activity that you can do together in the kitchen.
So let’s talk about how to make Minnie Mouse cupcakes with Oreos, shall we?
How to Make Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
Devil’s Food cake mix
Hot pink fondant
1M Wilton tip
1 Wilton disposable piping bag
1 bow silicone fondant mold
Pink polka dot cupcake liners
Minnie Mouse Cupcakes Directions
Preheat oven to 350 F, then add cupcake liners to each cup of your cupcake baking pan.
Add the chocolate boxed cake mix, oil, eggs, and water to a large mixing bowl. Make sure you follow the instructions on your specific box of cake mix.
Pour the batter into the cupcake pan and bake for 18-21 minutes.
Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
Cupcake Frosting Directions
While cupcakes are cooling, cut the tip of the bag and insert the 1M Wilton tip.
Add the frosting to fill the bag, leaving enough space at the top in order to twist the bag so the frosting won’t leak out.
Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with the vanilla frosting.
Add 2 mini Oreo cookies on each side of the cupcake to create Minnie’s ears.
Minnie Pink Bows Directions
Knead the fondant until pliable.
Lightly brush your pink bow mold with powdered sugar.
Take 1 tablespoon of pink fondant and push into your bow mold, making sure to fill in all the spaces.
Turn the mold over and gently tap it to help release the fondant bows. You can also “peel” the silicone mold away from the bow carefully.
Place the bows on parchment paper to firm a bit while you make 24 pink bows.
Place each pink bow standing between the two Oreo mouse ears.
Serve and enjoy!
Pair these sweet Minnie Mouse Cupcakes with this Mickey Mouse Cupcakes recipe for the ultimate Disney Mickey & Minnie party! Just change the bow to red and use red and white polka dot cupcake liners for a cute matching set.
- 1 box of Devil’s Food cake mix
- 1 cup of Water
- 3 large Eggs
- ⅓ cup of Vegetable oil
- 48 Oreos
- 3 tubs of Vanilla frosting
- Hot pink fondant
- 1 M Wilton tip
- 1 Wilton disposable piping bag
- 1 Bow silicone fondant mold
- Pink polka dot cupcake liners
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease sides and bottoms of each cup of your cupcake baking pan.
3. Blend cake mix, oil, eggs, and water in a large bowl (follow the instructions on your specific box of cake mix).
4. Pour batter in cupcake pan and bake for 18-21 minutes.
5. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
1. Cut the tip of the bag and insert the 1M Wilton tip, then add the frosting to fill the bag, leaving enough space at the top in order to twist the bag so the frosting will not leak out.
2. Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with the vanilla frosting.
3. Add 2 Oreo cookies on each side of the cupcake to create Minnie’s ears.
Minnie Pink Bows Directions:
1. Knead the fondant until pliable.
2. Lightly brush your bow mold with powder sugar.
3. Take 1 tablespoon of pink fondant and push into your bow mold.
4. Create 24 pink bows.
5. Place each pink bow between the 2 Oreos.