Disney is one of the most recognizable names in the world. From Mickey Mouse to Cinderella, Disney characters have a place in every child’s heart.
Now, you can create magical memories with your kids by signing up for Outschool classes that teach them about everything from Disney history to designing their very own Walt Disney World park!
This blog post will walk you through what these online courses are, how they work, and which ones are perfect for both children and parents alike.
What is Outschool?
Outschool is a company that provides education for children online. They have courses specifically designed to make learning more engaging and fun!
How do the courses work?
There are a few different types of Outschool courses including flex, live meetings, and one-time meeting options.
In a flexible schedule course there are no scheduled video chats – the teacher and students interact through written messages and pre-recorded videos. This format is great if your child prefers to learn independently, or is uncomfortable with live video chat.
In a one-time class the teacher and students meet live once in a video chat session. These are great for exploring new interests and discovering whether a teacher’s style works well for your little learner before committing to a longer course.
What Disney courses does Outschool offer?
There are countless Disney courses excited learners can take online. Here are some of my favorites that your kids are sure to enjoy:
Cooking & Baking
- Disney Baking & Cooking Club– Outschool cooking classes get a magical makeover & Disney themed recipes are on the menu! Learn how to bake like a Disney chef and prepare your favorite Disney dishes.
- The Art of Disney & Pixar– Explore the artistic development at the Walt Disney Studios from 1920-the present.
- Disney Artist Mary Blair Inspired Castles– Discover Mary Blair and paint a colorful, whimsical castle in her “It’s a Small World” style!
- Disney – Color and Chat– Discuss your favorite Disney magic while coloring or drawing pictures.
- Disney Princess – Color and Chat– Discuss Disney princesses while coloring or drawing your own pictures of your favorite princess.
- Cute I Am! Draw and Paint Baby Yoda– Draw and paint a cute Baby Yoda in this creative course.
- Happily Ever After: Classic Disney Tales– Let’s take a closer look at the classic Disney stories.
- Villains Have Their Day: A Look At Disney Villains– Take a closer look at the classic Disney villians.
- Proper Nouns of Disney & Pixar (Grammar 2)– Learn how to use proper nouns through the context of Disney and Pixar movies.
- All About Fairy Tales: Learning with the Classic Disney Stories– Come and read a classic fairy tale with me, as we dissect the elements of the story!
- Disney’s Aladdin Live-Action A Novel Study – During this class, students will read and study the Aladdin live-action film together.
- Disney’s Tales From The Haunted Mansion– Read and study the novel titled, “Tales From The Haunted Mansion: The Fearsome Foursome.”
Science & Nature
- Maleficent from Disney: A Sociological View of Her History– A look at Maleficent and her appearance in various media.
- Disney Villains: A Sociological View of Their History– The history of your favorite villains and see what put them on their evil path.
- Disney Animal Companions In Real Life– The magic of Disney companions in every day life.
STEM & STEAM
- Imagineering Camp– Learners find out what Disney’s Imagineers do and how they can become one too!
- Disney STEAM: The Magic Kingdom– Explore how Imagineers use STEM concepts to create magical experiences for park guests with 5 project-based lessons. Also available for EPCOT & Animal Kingdom parks.
- Intro to Singing Technique for the Contemporary Singer– Students will learn professional vocal technique exercises in favorite classic melodies from popular Disney, and Broadway song repertoire for young singers.
- Disney Lovers Social Hour– Join the group to talk about all things Disney–from movies to characters you love!
- Travel the World Through Disney– Travel around the world with the iconic rides and attractions.
- Decades of Fashion ft. Disney Princesses– Discover the last 120 years of American History through fashion- featuring the Disney Princesses!
- History and Art of Disney Theme Parks– History and development of the Walt Disney World theme parks, including inspirations for the rides!
- The History of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Attractions– Have fun learning the history of Disneyland rides!
Online courses for free
Classes are small and typically run between $12 for shorter courses and $50 for a ten-week class. If Disney courses aren’t in your budget right now or you just want to try a class out, use this link for a $20 credit towards your first course.
There’s no risk and it’s a great opportunity to see if learning online is something that your child would enjoy.
Where can I find a Disney course for adults?
The Disney Institute offers online courses for adults on a variety of subjects including the history, science, and design behind Disney theme parks. If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to become an Imagineer, now’s the perfect time to take these high-quality, professional development courses.
Disney Pixar teamed up with Khan Academy to offer a free online class called Imagineering in a Box. This exciting course allows you to explore different aspects of design, from characters to ride development, as you design a park of your very own.
Choose a course that is self-guided at Outschool and learn about Disney’s exciting company and other related subjects.
Online Disney courses with Outschool
Online learning with Outschool is a fun way to explore. They offer lessons for kids of all ages, so there’s something that will work for your family no matter what age group you fall into!
Whether your child is interested in music, baking, or Disney culture the teachers are experts in their field who have designed the curriculum from scratch to ensure each class meets students where they are developmentally.
So don’t just sit at home this summer with nothing to do but binge Netflix – sign up today and get started on a new learning adventure!
Which Disney Outschool classes are your kids excited to take this summer?
Join me in our Everyday Disney Facebook group for more exciting ways to celebrate all things Disney every day.