Valentine’s day will be here before you know it. Are you looking for a new Valentine’s day treat to make and share? Then you might really enjoy this red velvet cookie recipe. Not only are these red velvet cake cookies delicious, but they are also shaped like Mickey Mouse and decorated with chocolate and sprinkles, yummy!
These easy red velvet cookies don’t take long to make and they look very festive. Perfect for taking to the office, sharing with your kids and family, or maybe even for taking to a classroom party at school.
If you enjoy the combination of red velvet cake and chocolate then you are going to love these Valentine’s day cookies.
The Everyday Mouse is an Amazon partner. If you use a link to make a purchase, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
How to Make Red Velvet Cake Cookies
To make these red velvet cake cookies you will need to gather a few simple ingredients. You will need unsalted sweet cream butter and cream cheese that has been softened.
You will also need granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, salt, red gel food coloring, cocoa powder, and Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting wafers. You will also need a disposable piping bag, Valentine’s sprinkles, and a 2 inch Mickey Mouse head-shaped cookie cutter.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees for your red velvet cookies. Then prepare two baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper. Use a stand mixer to beat the butter, granulated sugar, and cream cheese together until they are combined and light and fluffy. Add your eggs and red gel food coloring and beat again.
Using the low speed of your mixer, gradually add in your dry ingredients until a dough forms. Sprinkle flour onto your cutting board and put your dough ball on it.
Roll the dough until it is ¼ inch thick and cut out your Mickey head shaped cookies. Put the cookies on the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 12 to 14 minutes until the edges are set.
Allow the cookies to cool completely before decorating. Put your Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting wafers in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30 seconds increments, being careful not to burn the chocolate.
Once the chocolate is melted, spoon it into your piping bag.
Cut the tip on the piping bag, and drizzle the chocolate over the cookies. Decorate the cookies with your Valentine’s day sprinkles and allow the chocolate to harden before serving.
If you are in a hurry, you can set the cookies in the refrigerator for a few minutes to harden the chocolate.
📌 Pin the image to your Pinterest board so it’s easy to find when you need it! ⬆️
These red velvet Mickey cookies are so easy to make and they are delicious too. These cookies would make a great Valentine’s day activity for the family because you can easily get the kids involved to help.
Who are you going to make a batch of these easy red velvet cookies for? They would be perfect for your sweetheart or your kids for an after school snack, and they would look really nice on a cookie tray of assorted Valentine’s day snacks or even a Valentine’s day charcuterie board!
- 1 C unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, softened
- 4oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 2 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tsp Red Gel Food Coloring
- 3 1⁄4 C Flour
- 1⁄4 C Cornstarch
- 1⁄4 C Hershey Cocoa Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- 1 - 2 in Mickey Mouse Head Shaped Cookie Cutter
- 1 C Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1 disposable Piping Bag
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar until combined, smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla and red food coloring.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined and a dough forms.
- Sprinkle flour onto a cutting board and roll the cookie dough to 1/4in thick.
- Cut out mickey shaped cookies and place onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes or until set around edges.
- Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Melt the ghirardelli melting chocolate and spoon into the piping bag.
- Cut the tip off and drizzle over the cookies.
- Sprinkle with the valentine's day sprinkles.