Monsters Inc. Cupcakes
box Chocolate cake mix
Ingredients for cupcake mix
White rolling fondant
Green rolling fondant
candy Googly eyes
Black gel food coloring
1. Prepare the cupcakes according to the package’s directions. Bake and allow to cool completely before decorating.
1. As the cupcakes cool, prepare the fondant pieces.
2. Roll out white fondant until it’s about 1/3- 1/2 inch thick. Use a 2" circular cookie cutter, cut out 12 white fondant circles.
3. Using a paring knife, trim two sides of each fondant circle, removing about 1/3 of an inch off (for each side).
4. Next, trim off about 1/3 of an inch from the bottom. This will make a square shape with a rounded top.
5. Roll out green fondant until it’s about ¼ of an inch thick. Use a 1" circular cookie cutter and cut out 12 green fondant circles. Set aside.
6. In a large bowl, beat together the softened butter, confectioners’ (powdered) sugar, and milk. Start on low speed and increase to high.
7. Once the buttercream forms, add 2 small drops of black gel food coloring. Beat until buttercream is completely tinted.
8. Apply some buttercream on the back of each green fondant circle and place one on each white fondant piece.
9. Apply a tiny dot of buttercream on the back of each candy googly eye and then place it in the center of each green fondant piece.
10. Scoop the remaining buttercream into a piping bag with a Wilton round tip #12 attached.
11. Frost each cupcake.
12. Place the Mike Wazowski fondant pieces on the center of each cupcake.
13. Place 3 M&M chocolates or fruity Skittles on each cupcake, in front of Mike.
Monsters Inc. Cupcakes https://theeverydaymouse.com/monster-inc-cupcakes/